svchost.exe File information & Error Howto Fix GuideDownload PC Error Fixer to Fix svchost.exe Problems
What is svchost.exe
svchost.exe is one of the executable library in your Windows, this file can be found in either C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINDOWS\system32 due to different versions and OS. The svchost.exe file is shared by a bunch of Windows application as a vital file for the functioning, the missing of damage of the file would lead to errors that prevent all the related program and Windows function from working properly.
Is svchost.exe a safe file?
Under normal circumstance, svchost.exe is absolutely safe and should not be moved from its original location at will. However, since this file is important to many Windows features & program, it is easy to become the target of threat like virus, malware. If you see multiple svchost.exe appear in your system in different location, and receive error message that contains svchost.exe in it, it may indicates your computer has been attacked by virus or has registry corruption issues.
svchost.exe file information
|Compatible OS:||All Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systems|
|Recommended:||Scan related errors to help you fix it|
svchost.exe error messages computer users may encounter
- "Windows error loading"
- "Cannot load the file. Reinstalling this application may fix this error." "This application failed to start because svchost.exe was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
- "The file has caused an error"
- "Registration: Failed for file C:\WINDOWS\System32\"
- "Cannot find \Windows\System32\"
Recommended solution: fix svchost.exe error automatically with professional error fix tool
Step1: Download svchost.exe error fix tool here, and then install it in your computer.
Step2: Click Start Scan Now button to scan over your computer for existing problems and errors.
Step3: Click Fix All button to fix svchost.exe error and other problems found.
Manual solution to troubleshoot svchost.exe error
Restore Windows system: system restore is a feature that every Windows system has, it is the most powerful solution to repair existing system damage/problem/error by restoring the system to a previous clean and healthy status. To perform a System Restore in Windows XP, please follow the below detailed steps:
- Log on to Windows as an administrator.
- Click Start at the bottom right of the screen, and then go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Select the option of ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ in the pop up system restore window. Click Next.
- Select a restore point which you believe is error-free in the window and click Next again.
- Click OK in the pop up system restore message.
- Click Next to confirm the restore action and allow the tool to restore the previous Windows XP configuration.
- Reboot your computer and logon as administrator.
- A message will pop up at this moment inform you the restore has been completed, click OK to finish the whole process.
- Now test the error to see if it work out as expected.
How to perform system restore in Windows 7/Vista to fix svchost.exe error
- Click Windows start button, in the search field, type in restore, and the system restore option will appeared at the top of the menu for you to select.
- The Windows system restore screen will then appear, now you are facing two options, ‘Recommended restore’ and ‘Choose a different restore point’ , the second one is recommended. Select it and click Next.
- In the next Windows page, you’ll see a list of restore point for you to select, on the left hand section of each restore point there is a short Description describes about the last thing you did before the time that specific restore point was created. Select a proper restore point, and confirm the restore point you selected.
- Reboot your computer to allow the system restore carry through.
Video instruction of how to restore system by using Windows system restore function.
Fix svchost.exe error by cleaning & repairing Windows Registry
Fix svchost.exe error by cleaning & repairing Windows Registry
For a computer which has been used for a period of time and has too many application installed, there should be countless entries inside the registry, part of them is useless or obsolete as the related application had been uninstalled, however, if you keep ignoring these wasted entries without using proper solution to clean them up, they will eventually corrupt the registry. We all know that registry is the most important component, a corrupted registry can lead to endless system error, performance slow down issue, even system malfunction, I guess you have figure out what I’m trying to tell, the registry problem may be the very reason for the svchost.exe error you are experiencing, it is completely logical if you never clean up your computer registry. Now I’ll tell you how to mange this problem easy and simple.
For many computer users with limited computer knowledge, it is not recommended to perform registry cleaner up manually by using registry editor as it is way too complicated and dangerous. The direct and most convenient solution is applying third party registry repair tool which is specially developed to clean up registry and fix a variety of errors caused by registry problem, what you need is a simply follow the below 4 easy steps:
Step2: Install the software in your computer with ease.
Step3: Click Start Scan button to run overall analysis and diagnose error on your computer.
Step4: Click Fix to repair svchost.exe error and all found PC errors in seconds.
svchost.exe - related system
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows 8 Release Preview
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 8 Pro
Related References to Fix PC ErrorInstalling and reinstalling Windows 7
How to Access an Admin Account in Windows
Download PC Error Fixer to Fix svchost.exe Error
Written by John Smith
This is a really nice piece of software! Now, my computer runs great and have no issues with svchost.exe threat. Great! - Melvin N. Sage
Thank you! I am about the most non-technical person! You are very helpful to fix this annoying svchost.exe error. 5 star for RegistryNuke. - Miles Sulik
I would highly suggest to anyone looking at this page. Just download the free version and run a scan, then I can see how many issues on my computer. Thank you. - Francisco C. Meyer