winlogon.exe Info & Howtos
If you are experiencing winlogon.exe error messages and want to get rid of it. This page is going to give you a complete diagnosis of your current problems and offer the solution of related issues.Download PC Error Fixer to Fix winlogon.exe Problems
|Compatible OS:||All Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systems|
|Recommended:||Scan related errors to help you fix it|
What is winlogon.exe
As is well known, Windows operating system consists of a huge number of files and folders. winlogon.exe is an ordinary process used by the system to launch and run it. If the program stop to response, that means the process are missing or invalid from the applications folder. Basically, the Windows system functionality is intimately associated with the application and any damage in the registry will properly ruin it and result with an error.
Possible winlogon.exe error messages
Once the associated file is damaged or infected, you may receive the error message showed below:
- "Windows error loading"
- "Cannot load the file. Reinstalling this application may fix this error."
- "This application failed to start because winlogon.exe was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
- "The file has caused an error"
- "Registration: Failed for file C:\WINDOWS\System32\"
- "Cannot find \Windows\System32\"
Click here to fix the error that keeps annoying you
What cause the errorswinlogon.exe errors are, for the major part, some of the most frustrating errors that people will experience as a Windows user. Due to the presence of so many files, there are many conditions that can cause the errors on your system.
Most common causes this errorOne of the most common reasons of the errors is an incorrect installation or uninstallation of programs. When you install an application, winlogon.exe errors may occur if you overwrite an existing file which is occupied with other applications at the same time.
In most cases, deleting a program from your machine alone will not remove the registry entries for the associate program. Whenever you install a program in your computer and remove it, an entry is made into your computer's registry. As is well known, any changes that take place in your computer system, installing or removing program included, gets recorded in the operating system and thus the Windows registry. These uninstalled entries leads to the development of empty and invalid registry entries that keep piling up hence the registry gets bloated with not existing program entries which corrupt your system causing errors.
Infected viruses/malwareThere are many things that can cause registry errors. Malwares such as viruses and Trojans are also known causes of winlogon.exe errors which often inject system without your awareness. Malware is everywhere in this fantastic cyber world. Even a visit to a unkind website or a simple opening of an infected email can be a door for the malware to get in. Such accumulated actions on your PC will add more embedded entries in the registry where in worse situation. Once the malwares damage a registry entry then you cannot delete or edit it manually. They also disable file associations from running of some programs. If you failed to open an application and unexpectedly get winlogon.exe error messages, then the malware is probably the cause.
How to fix PC errors manually
If you know exactly the program that generates the error message when you launch or run it. In this situation, the most effective and easy method to fix PC errors is to uninstall and reinstall the program. As reinstalling the program will wipe out some of the files or associated registry entries that have become invalid or infected. Moreover, the latest software may contains newer and more efficient versions of files that you need.
Before starting the associated program uninstall process, the program must be shut up and its process should be terminated completely.
Video guide: How to manually terminate process and fix winlogon.exe error instantly
However, in most case, it is hard to identify which program cause the error. So, the manual methods seems like spending your countless time but still can't have the problem resolved.
Scan your computer to see what computer problems you have on your PC
Fix PC errors - reboot your computerSometimes the error your are faced with just due to a one-time and temporary issue, and it will not appear and exist on the next time you activate your computer system, therefore, when you encounter the Q312370_WXP_SP1_x86_TRK error issue on your computer, you can firstly try to restart your computer system, maybe it just can disappear and no need for you to do other complicated fixing job like manually replace the file or perform a registry fixing process for your computer system.
Disable browser's add-ons.If the error message is poping up everytime you launch, run, or close Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome, an add-on may be causing the problem. Here is how:
Disable Internet Explore add-ons
- From the Internet Explorer menu, click Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- Click Manage add-ons.
- Disabling each add-on, one by one, then click the Disable radio button to identify which is the problem.
- Open Firefox & click on Tools -> Go to add-on.
- Select each plugin and disable it.
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound -> select Device Manager. In the Device Manager, Right-click the device for which you want to update the drivers, and in the popup menu select Update Driver.
- In the next screen, you are given two options to let Windows search for an updated driver (both your computer and the Internet) or browse your computer and select the driver manually.
- If a driver is found, it starts to find and install drivers automatically. Wait for the process to end.
- When the driver was successfully installed. Reboot your computer to see if the winlogon.exe error still exist.
- Click the Start Button -> All programs -> Windows Update.
- Click on the Check for update link. Windows updates will now check for any available updates.
- Click Install updates button to begin the install.
- After Windows has successfully installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1, a restart is request to configure the Windows Service Pack.
- You can go to Start > Control panel, then click the System and Security icon in the control panel window, click Administrative Tools and double click System Configuration option. (This action requires you to log in as system administrator, if you are not log in as administrator, you may be asked for an administrator password or confirmation.)
- Click the General tab in System Configuration tool, click Selective startup, then clear Load system services and the Load startup items check boxes.
- Click to select the check box of Load system services and then click OK
- Reboot your computer, if the problem persist, do one of the followings:
- In the System Configuration tool, click Services tab, disable all the Services except the first one, click OK to confirm the modification. reboot your computer and see if it is still slow, if not, the only service that you selected can be eliminated as the cause of the problem.
- Select the second service check box and reboot your computer. Repeat the steps to check and eliminate each service until you find out the particular one that cause the system slowness problem.
- In the System Configuration tool, click General tab, select the Load startup items check box.
- Click the startup tab, disable all the Startup except the first one, click OK to confirm the modification. reboot your computer and see if it is still slow, if not, the only startup item that you selected can be eliminated as the cause of the problem.
- Select the second startup item check box and reboot your computer. Repeat the steps to check and eliminate each service until you find out the particular one that cause the system slowness problem.
- Step1: Download winlogon.exe Repair Tool.
- Step2: Install the software in your computer with ease.
- Step3: Click Start Scan button to run overall analysis and diagnose error on your computer.
- Step4: Click Fix Errors to repair all found PC errors in seconds.
- Step1: Click on Start >>> Run >>> type the following content in the box and click OK. “%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe”
- Step2: You will be guided to the Welcome to System Restore page, click Create a restore point >>> Next.
- Step3: Then a Create a Restore Point page, type a name for the restore point >>> Create >>> Close.
- Step1: Click on Start >>> Search>>> type “regedit” >>> “Enter”, type your administrator password or confirmation if it is required during the process.
- Step2: Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up Click on File menu >>> Export.
- Step3: Select the location you want to save your registry back up >>> Save.
Disable Firefox add-ons
Scan your computer to see what problems you have on your PC
Update windows driverYour computer needs drivers to facilitate smooth functioning of the associated hardware. Outdated drivers sometimes cause PC problems. Drivers play a quite similar role as bridges that link vital programs and hardware components associated with your machine allowing them to work properly in the first place. However, a lot of folks install drivers onto their PC one time and then forget about it. They always ignore the importance of drivers which are crucial to the correct and optimal operation of the hardware devices associated with their pc's or laptops.
Follow these easy steps to update drivers and get problems solved.
Scan your computer to see what winlogon.exe problems you have on your PC
Check the Windows Service PackSometimes winlogon.exe error is derive from the issue that you don't have the latest service pack installed on your system. You can see service pack status and update it in Windows Control Panel.
Scan your PC to see what winlogon.exe problems you have on your PC
Fix winlogon.exe error - download and replace it
Do you know which winlogon.exe is damaged? You can search websites that offer replacement winlogon.exe available for download. Remember to be careful when replacing the file and choosing where to download from. It is very important for your computer.
The problem is that it is such a complex structure that any mistake may lead to major damages and thus fixing the program manually can lead to major hazards. Many people and professionals have been using registry cleaner program to do automatic scan and fix on their PC on a regular basis.
Speed up computer tips: Customize Startup Program With System Configuration Tool
If you feel like computer runs slow, it is possible that your computer has too much startup items that load upon system startup so that slow down the entire performance, you may check the startup items of your computer with System Configuration tool.
System Configuration is a tool that controls Windows startup program that ensures the system can start properly. You can use the selective startup option to control which program or service to launch upon start up, by disabling unnecessary startup items, system can load faster then before, See the System Configuration tool instruction below.
Identify the system slowness problem by using the process of elimination
Analysis problematic system start up service
Analysis problematic system start up items
Recommended PC error Troubleshooting:
For many computer users with limited computer knowledge, performing the above professional-like manual solutions is mostly not a piece of cake, some even have no patience to refer and follow the complex fixing process. Therefore, if you are just computer novices and don't know any computer professionals on the other hand, it is strongly recommended to use a registry repair tool to perform a registry fix easily.
A registry repair tool is a kind of third party program that is specially created to fix a variety of errors and problems on the computer system especially the registry error, as many people hold that Windows registry is a great database that contains many important registries to support the computer system performance like reading the file or running the corresponding application it required, if some files got some corruptions, the computer system will not perform smoothly as usual. So when there is a registry issue that cause the system error like Q312370_WXP_SP1_x86_TRK, you should have a professional registry cleaner to perform the fixing job.
How to back up registry?
As registry is an essential database that contains many important Windows configuration information and those advanced settings and information from the installed program, it is necesary to back up your system registry for protecting your computer system before the registry is edited or modified in a wrong way. You can choose to back up registry with a third party program or do it by yourself.
For Windows XP
Pay attention: if the System Restore is turned off, and you receive a message which asks whether you want to turn on System Restore now. Please click on the Yes icon, and click to turn off the System Restore check box, and repeat the step.
For Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Related References to Fix PC ErrorInstalling and reinstalling Windows 7
How to Access an Admin Account in Windows
Download PC Error Fixer to Fix winlogon.exe Error
Written by John Smith
This is a really nice piece of software! Now, my computer runs great and have no issues with winlogon.exe threat. Great! - Melvin N. Sage
Thank you! I am about the most non-technical person! You are very helpful to fix this annoying winlogon.exe error. 5 star for RegistryNuke. - Miles Sulik
I would highly suggest to anyone looking at this page. Just download the free version and run a scan, then I can see how many issues on my computer. Thank you. - Francisco C. Meyer