Ddraw.dll is a common error message in Microsoft Windows operating system. Ddraw.dll error may occur due to outdated DirectX function. It may also occur when a program that suddenly stops responding as you are trying to run it on your computer. Also, malware and corrupt registry files can contribute to this error. If you unfortunately came across ddraw.dll problem on your computer, there would be error messages pop-up on your computer:
- “The .dll file is missing.”
- “The ddraw.dll file is missing.”
- “Ddraw.DLL file is out of date.”
- “File not found. Reinstalling the application might fix this problem.”
- “Error: Couldn’t open the file.”
The introduction of ddraw.dll
Ddraw.dll is a system error associated with DirectX. It is a kind of error that occurs during the execution of a program. The error indicates bugs in the program or problems that the designers had anticipated but could do nothing about. If the program cannot call the relevant DirectX function in the process of the execution, there would be errors pop-up on your computer.
What cause the ddraw.dll error
Ddraw.dll is often located in your computer’s registry–a section of your computer reserved for files that various programs need to access in order to run properly.
It the meantime, ddraw.dll could also be caused by hard ware problems. If there is any hard ware device that is not working properly, there would be an error message appear on your computer screen. Chances are that the hard ware device is not installed correctly to your computer, or the driver of that hard ware is outdated.
Sometimes your system could also be affected by malware, virus, or spyware. Some malicious applications would be running back door that threaten the security of your operating system.
How to fix ddraw.dll error
There are ways to attempt to fix this problem manually. It is important not to change or damage other files in your Windows Registry, or you risk bringing further error messages.
Solution1: Restart your computer if you haven’t. Sometimes ddraw.dll error could be a false appearance as the system failed to load the dll file successfully, in such situation, a reboot of the system may help you fix ddraw.dll error instantly.
Solution2: Viruses continually cause various problems in your system. Major cause behind error 1606 could be virus when it tends to infect some core program file required by Windows. To make sure your system is not infected with virus scan your system drive with reliable antivirus program.
Solution3: To avoid ddraw.dll error happen again, you should not store too many files like images, movies, or games on your hard drive. If there are files you have not used for more than three months, you should remove them from your computer, or you could store them in a portable hard ware device or blank CDs.
Clean up your registry regularly to see if your registry is corrupt. A registry scan would help you to identify and fix possible errors.
- Download and install RegistryNuke in your computer.
- Click Start Scan button to diagnose your computer for d3d9.dll error.
- Click Fix Errors button to fix d3d9.dll error and other found problems.
The Articles You Might Like
- How to Fix Runtime Error R6025 – Runtime Error R6025 Fix Guide
- How to Fix Appwiz.cpl Error – Appwiz.cpl Missing Problem Fix Guide
- Binkw32.dll – What Is Binkw32.dll? How to Fix the Binkw32.dll Errors Very Easily?
- Ymmapi.dll Error Fix Solution – What to Do If Encountered Ymmapi.dll Error
- Repair Error Code 41 – How to Fix Error Code 41 on Computer
- Fix Vcomp.dll Error Automatically – How to Guide
- A Guide on WHERE Clause Optimization in MySQL
- AVP.exe Error – Solutions to Fix AVP.exe Error with Ease
- Jvm.dll Error Fix – How to Repair Jvm.dll Error on PC
- How to Fix D3d8.dll Errors – A Troubleshooting Guide