Fix Msvcr80.dll error
Msvcr80.dll is part of the Windows C Runtime Library, it is applied by lots of application that written by Microsoft Visual programming language, the main function of this file is to ensure all the related program can function properly. Msvcr80.dll is also used by games to allow the system process graphics, sound and FX successfully. Some people may experience errors related to the Msvcr80.dll, if you are one of those people, take it easy, this article should help you out.
Possible error message and causes
Msvcr80.dll error can be caused by many factor and can appear in different way, common error message people may see including:
- “Msvcr80.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because msvcr80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr80.dll”
- “The file msvcr80.dll is missing.”
Before taking action to fix the error, you may need to figure out what exactly cause ou the problem, having a better understanding of cause may help you to pick out the the suitable solution to fix the error effectively. Normally, the Msvcr80.dll error happens because your computer has one of several of the below problems:
- You just accidentally deleted the Msvcr80.dll file from your system.
- The file of the game Fear 3 is damaged or corrupt.
- Fear 3 setting was changed
- Your computer registry is clogged up and malfunction.
Get down to the business – How to fix Msvcr80.dll error
Retrieve the losing Msvcr80.dll
The missing Msvcr80.dll file can be restore by either manual way or automatic solution. Manual solution require you to download the file from the internet, then place it to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, after that, you need to use the cmd commend to register the file to your system to let it take effect. This solution is only recommended to advanced computer users who has the ability to find out valid and safe dll file download resource and familiar with the cmd commend. For average computer user, it is suggested to use third party dll error fix tool such as DLLSmith, dll download and installation as well as error fixing can be done with in clicks.
There are also other situation that you deleted the file accidentally, if you haven’t emptied the recycle bin, you may find the deleted file there, simply right click on the file and select restore, your Msvcr80.dll error can be fixed by then. However, not every people is that lucky, if this solution does not work for your particular circumstance, move on to the next one.
Reinstall the game of Fear 3
There are cases that indicates the errors were caused by Fear 3 game file and setting issue, to reinstall the game may help you to troubleshoot the error. See the below steps.
- Click Start, go to Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove program.
- As you can see the Fear 3 is listed in the Add/Remove program window, highlight it.
- Click Remove button on the right side.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall the game.
- Wait for the removal finish and reboot your system.
- Insert the installation CD or using the setup file to reinstall the game on your computer
- Retest the error once you complete the reinstallation.
Check for registry problem
As we mentioned that registry corruption is one of the main causes of Msvcr80.dll error, if you seldom or never have your computer registry clean up, over 90% of chance the Msvcr80.dll error was brought by registry issue. The explanation is simple, your computer registry is full of wasted, invalid, obsolete entries over time, and it can not work properly under such bloated status, without a proper function registry, your computer is as good as dead, system will be slowed down, and errors like Msvcr80.dll error would crop up. If your computer is undergoing such problem, immediate action should be taken to clean up the registry and fix all the system errors brought by it. This may sound like a complicated task, actually, with a reliable registry cleaner like Registry Nuke, problem can be easily solved, all you need is to perform this three simple steps:
- Download and install the RegistryNuke here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.
The Articles You Might Like
- jucheck.exe – What Is jucheck.exe? How to Fix jucheck.exe Errors Quickly?
- KBD.exe Error – How can Fix KBD.exe Error Effectively on Computer
- AVP.exe Error – Solutions to Fix AVP.exe Error with Ease
- Wmdrmsdk.dll Error Easy Fix Guide
- Urlmon.dll – How to Fix Urlmon.dll Errors Easily and Safely?
- Binkw32.dll – What Is Binkw32.dll? How to Fix the Binkw32.dll Errors Very Easily?
- Gdiplus.dll – What Is Gdiplus.dll? How to Fix Gdiplus.dll Errors Instantly?
- What’s Autochk.exe – How can Fix Autochk.exe Error on Computer?
- What is D3d9.dll – How to Fix D3d9.dll Error on Your System
- LogonUI.exe Error Repair – How to Fix LogonUI.exe Error on Computer