What is Wcap.dll
You may encounter Wcap.dll error and don’t know what is Wcap.dll and why this error happened. Wcap.dll file is a system file, it comes from the of WinPcap tool by CACE technologies, and will be stored in the folder of C:\WINDOWS\system32, this file is used to enable the ink-layer can be accessed on the computer which makes it a crucial component to the system. There are times the file can be become a problem that cause you the Wcap.dll error, if you are suffering the error on your computer, please refer the below troubleshooting guide to solve the error.
The Wcap.dll error usually can be caused by one of the following problems on your computer, you may check through this list and spot the right causes of your particular case, then adopt the corresponding solutions, this could help you get the error fix more effectively.
- Wcap.dll file is corrupt or damage by virus/malware
- Wcap.dll file is absent from your system
- Windows registry is clogged up and become malfunction
- Your system setting has been changed.
- System drive is fragmented.
Solutions to fix Wcap.dll error
Restore the deleted Wcap.dll
This can be done by the following methods
If the file was deleted mistakenly, you should find it in the Windows recycle bin, simply go check the Windows recycle bin and right click on the file, select restore, and it will be back in your system safe and sound.
2. Manual solution
- Visit google.com in your browser.
- Enter the term of “download Wcap.dll” in the search blank and hit Search button
- Locate a trusted website in the search result
- Download the target file from the website
- Then place the downloaded file to the directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32
- Go to Start > Run and type in cmd in the appeared box.
- In the pop-up black screen, type in “regsvr32 Wcap.dll” and press Enter key.
Copy the Wcap.dll file from another computer. You may use the Windows search feature to spot the file or you can go to the folder of C:\WINDOWS\system32 directly to find out the file in it, them copy the file to storage device such as flash drive, then transfer it to your problematic computer and put it in the folder specified above.
Clean up registry problem
Registry problems can easily bring up Wcap.dll, actually over 60% of the Wcap.dll error cases are caused by registry issues, to get the problem fixed, you need to use reliable registry cleaner program to clean up all the invalid, wasted entries that stucked in the registry. Follow the below three simple steps to proceed:
- Download and install the RegistryNuke here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.
Virus scan & system restore
Normally the Wcap.dll error can be fixed by one of the solutions above, if you tried out those solution but turn out that the error still persist, there are chances your computer is suffering from malware threat attacks, and part of your system files was damaged, you need to either performing a malware scan & removal or using the Windows restore feature to roll the system back to previous status.
The Articles You Might Like
- How to Fix D3d8.dll Errors – A Troubleshooting Guide
- Urlmon.dll – How to Fix Urlmon.dll Errors Easily and Safely?
- Gdiplus.dll – What Is Gdiplus.dll? How to Fix Gdiplus.dll Errors Instantly?
- jucheck.exe – What Is jucheck.exe? How to Fix jucheck.exe Errors Quickly?
- Jvm.dll Error Fix – How to Repair Jvm.dll Error on PC
- How to Fix Runtime Error R6025 – Runtime Error R6025 Fix Guide
- AVP.exe Error – Solutions to Fix AVP.exe Error with Ease
- How to Fix Appwiz.cpl Error – Appwiz.cpl Missing Problem Fix Guide
- KBD.exe Error – How can Fix KBD.exe Error Effectively on Computer
- Repair Error Code 41 – How to Fix Error Code 41 on Computer