Autochk.exe is an executable file that created by Microsoft and can generally be found in Task Manager, it is used to make the core system settings come back to the original situation and locate in C:\Windows\system32\autochk.exe, most of people (except for those computer professionals) don’t know what it is until its related error reports appear on their computer screens, like:
- “System root\windows\system32\autochk.exe”
- “autochk.exe.mui is missing.”
- ” autochk.exe Not Found”
- “Application failed to initialize properly or specified module could not be found.”
Why this error message display on your computer?
When the related error message presents on your computer, you will have to take actions to fix the error problem if you want your computer system and some associated applications revert to the normal situation. And the first thing should be made clear is the real cause of the registry problem.
Common causes for the error problem:
- Virus intrusion
- Mis-deletion of some related registry files
- Wrong BIOS setting
- Undesirable disk errors
- Overloaded CPU usage
- Related registry get corrupted
- Conflict among some programs
Why we should fix the error immediately
While your computer gets autochk.exe error and you do not fix it instantly, such further problems will occur on your computer and you should pay much attention to figure them out
- System often freeze up or get a sudden crash
- The associated error messages will display on the computer frequently
- Computer system often result in Blue Screen of Death
- Outside viruses and threats easily
- More other registry problems will occur on the computer system
Proper ways to repair autochk.exe error
One – check whether the executable file is a virus
The default location of autochk.exe is C:\Windows\system32\autochk.exe, you can check the file on your computer whether is locating on the right place, if it is not there, please perform a scan for your computer system, and remove those detected viruses completely as soon as possible.
Two – Keep Windows system up-to-date
The outdated computer system could also be a common cause for many system program, it can trigger the invalid registry error, affect system and application performance. So the autochk.exe error problem also maybe triggered by the outdated computer system. Therefore, you should try to perform an update for your computer system.
Step One:click on “Start” menu — “Run” — type “sysdm.cpl” in the box — “Enter”
Step Two: select “Automatic Update” — and then “Automatic” to automatically download the recommended and newest update version.
Step Three: click on “OK”to finish the system automatic update settings
Three – install a new autochk.exe file on your computer
If the autochk.exe file is missing from your computer, one can try to independently reinstall a new one from your computer to fix the EXE file, but if you are a common computer user, it is highly suggested for you to make sure you have a good understanding about your computer system structure as well as a good computer knowledge, otherwise, it is very easy to go to the wrong way on the fixing process, and make further damage for the computer system. And moreover, please remember that the autochk.exe file should be downloaded from a reliable online resource.
Four – fix the registry error with a registry fix tool
Do you want to skip the complicated fixing and just repair autochk.exe error as well as other troublesome errors with a few simple steps? This is actually not an impossible thing that cannot achieve, an advanced registry fix tool like Registry Nuke is just can fix the problem well for the poor victim of various kinds of registry problems. When people install such a repair tool on the computer, just need to activate its scan functionality, it can automatically find out all of the related registries and files, and then people just to select all and click on the fix icon, the repair job will be solve in a few minutes.
The Articles You Might Like
- Repair Error Code 41 – How to Fix Error Code 41 on Computer
- How to Fix D3d8.dll Errors – A Troubleshooting Guide
- Fix Vcomp.dll Error Automatically – How to Guide
- What’s Autochk.exe – How can Fix Autochk.exe Error on Computer?
- KBD.exe Error – How can Fix KBD.exe Error Effectively on Computer
- What is Wcap.dll Error and How to Fix It Properly
- Fix Msvcr80.dll Error Properly – How to Guide
- What is D3d9.dll – How to Fix D3d9.dll Error on Your System
- Welcome to RegistryNuke.com
- LogonUI.exe Error Repair – How to Fix LogonUI.exe Error on Computer