What is Wmdrmsdk.dll
Wmdrmsdk.dll is a file component of Microsoft DRM, this is not a system processes file but only comes from the installation of related software, usually the file was stored in C:\WINDOWS\system32. Although it is not a critical system file, some people still encounter Wmdrmsdk.dll error when starting certain programs, see the error messages
- “Cannot find [PATH]\Wmdrmsdk.dll”
- “The file Wmdrmsdk.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: Wmdrmsdk.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
Does these error message look familiar to you? These error may happen due to the following reasons on your computer.
- Important registry key got deleted
- Windows Registry is bloated and corrupt
- Wmdrmsdk.dll file was deleted from your computer
- Wmdrmsdk.dll file was damage by malware in your system.
- The setting of Microsoft DRM has been changed
How to fix Wmdrmsdk.dll error effectively
Here are a couple of methods you can try to fix Wmdrmsdk.dll error, as the error may be caused by different reasons, it is suggested to make clear about what exactly caused the error first, and then adopt the proper solutions to fix it.
Solution1: manually replace the Wmdrmsdk.dll fille
- Open your web browser and visit google.com.
- Type the term of Wmdrmsdk.dll download and hit Search button
- Look for a reliable website to where offers dll file download resource
- Download the file onto your computer from the website.
- Copy and paste the downloaded Wmdrmsdk.dll file to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type in “cmd” in the run box and hit OK
- In the next pop-up screen type in “regsvr32 Wmdrmsdk.dll”.
- Press Enter key on your keyboard.
- Restart your computer to retest the error
Step 2 – Update Windows
You can also try to update your Windows, this could to synchronize all of the components of your computer to allow then work even more perfectly, as well as restore all of the Windows setting so as to fix Wmdrmsdk.dll error, see the below steps:
- Click Start > All Program (or “Program” only)
- Click on Windows update.
- Follow the wizard to check and update your Windows
- Reboot your computer to check for the error.
Fix Wmdrmsdk.dll error by cleaning up registry
People may ignore that registry issues can sometimes cause Wmdrmsdk.dll error as well. Registry is a very core component of Windows, it can easily got clogged up as too many obsolete or even invalid registry keys stored inside, these wasted registry data were left behind from software uninstallations, a clogged up registry may act abnormally such as respond slowly or unable to transfer data back and forth between the system properly then result in various error such as the Wmdrmsdk.dll error. To get it fix is easy with a reliable registry cleaner, simply perform the below three steps to manage the registry problem and fix Wmdrmsdk.dll error:
- Download and install the RegistryNuke here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.
The Articles You Might Like
- Error Code 4 Occured – How can Fix Error Code 4 Instantly
- Solutions to Fix Utildll.dll Error – Download Utildll.dll Error Fix Tool
- Winword.exe Information and Error Fix Guide
- Taskman.exe Error – Tips to Fix Taskman.exe Error Messages
- LogonUI.exe Error Repair – How to Fix LogonUI.exe Error on Computer
- Mqrt.dll – How to Fix Mqrt.dll Errors for Windows PC?
- Fix Msvcr80.dll Error Properly – How to Guide
- Binkw32.dll – What Is Binkw32.dll? How to Fix the Binkw32.dll Errors Very Easily?
- Ymmapi.dll Error Fix Solution – What to Do If Encountered Ymmapi.dll Error
- What is Wcap.dll Error and How to Fix It Properly